January 31, 2016

A Weekend in West Virginia

Amazingly, I have made it 28 years without ever strapping a pair of snow skis to my feet.  This used to be a favorite fun fact about myself until this weekend when I headed to Canaan Valley, West Virginia to try my hand at cross country skiing.


After an hour long tutorial we were released so Dan and I headed off to conquer some of the flatter trails.
Look at that game face!!


I knew I would hit a hill eventually and the first one looked terrifying.  Most people would see it as a bunny hill, but the drop to the left had my knees shaking.   I decided to take off my skis off so I could easily walk down, but sadly one got away from me and headed down the hill far away from the trail.  Dan came to my aid and earned some serious BF points as he waded through knee high snow to retrieve said ski.  


Just hanging out post snack break.


Back to the trails and finally back to some flat ground.


Still smiling after several hours and only a hand full of falls.
After we returned our skis it was off to get some bagel bites and prep for the pot luck diner.


Sunday, before everyone dispersed, Dan and I headed down to the partially frozen waterfall.  This was the moment where I decided next year I really need to invest in some snow boots.  Walking Sliding around in boat shoes is not the easiest of things.




No comments:

Post a Comment