November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving (Round Two)

This year I am having a non-traditional Thanksgiving and am spending it with 25 of my nearest and dearest co-workers.  The downside of working the holiday is being away from family and missing out on a 3500+ calorie dinner; the upside is time and a half and getting a little perspective on how much I have to be thankful for.  


Yesterday, President Obama kept up the tradition of pardoning a turkey (this year it was two - Tater and Tot) and amused the audience with his Thanksgiving Day Dad jokes.  Sadly, I could not make an embedded video work, but head over to BuzzFeed for some highlights of the speech.


There were several good ones (I am a true connoisseur of puny jokes), but here is one of my favorites.  There was also a pretty good one involving aviators which did not make the above clip.
"I want to take a moment to recognize the brave turkeys who weren't so lucky. Who didn't get to ride the gravy train to freedom. Who met their fate with courage and sacrifice and proved that they weren't chicken."


As you wrap up your Turkey Day festivities, take a minute to think of the health care workers and first responders who are hard at work and above all else, eat some stuffing for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment