December 21, 2016

It's a Wonderful Life

70 years ago It's A Wonderful Life hit the big screen and while the movie initially was not well received, it has become an American classic.


Growing up, my family would watch the movie after the Thanksgiving Day Parade.  As kids, we were told the movie was filmed in our hometown.  Turns out my parents were either misinformed or just lying (let's go with the first) because the movie was filmed in Seneca Falls.  This town, located in the Finger Lakes of New York, even has it own movie museum so I guess I will have to take it as fact.


Every year the Regent Square movie theater shows It's A Wonderful Life for the cost of a few canned items which are donated to the East End Cooperative Ministry food pantry.  So tonight I am braving the cold weather to soak up some last minute holiday cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment