January 15, 2012

Muggle Quidditch Anyone?

 
So I have heard distant rumors that Muggle Quidditch does exist, but I had never seen it in person until this afternoon.  Today was another busy day of studying, but when I reentered the Cathedral of Learning I was shocked and amazed that there was a group of undergrads playing (also it was about 15 degrees outside and people were running around in shorts). 

I didn't want to be that crazy stalker person who was furiously taking pictures with my blackberry so I pulled a few from the internet. 


 
Click here to get an easy 7 step break down of how you and your friends can start playing.  No advice on how to assign people to the four houses.  

Apparently there is even an International Quidditch Association with 78 different colleges in the US participating since its inception in 2007 (apparently there are some other countries who play as well).  It should be noted that Middlebury College in Vermont began the intramural league and has taken home the championship title since the league started.  Snitches, however, have their own league!?!

A Snitch in Action


No comments:

Post a Comment