January 12, 2012

It's Now or Never

So since I finished building my bike I have been itching to get out on the road.  There was some bad weather yesterday and starting tomorrow the temp is supposed to drop and there is some snow in the forecast.  


As a result, this afternoon I ran home from the clinic, bundled up and pulled out my bike (it still needs a name).  I didn't want to head out too far just in case something disastrous happened.  The nice part about riding around some of the near by neighborhoods was that I got to see some cool things that I have missed on some of the longer walks I took just after I moved to PGH. 

Here are some pictures from Manchester - a district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.  I found a super cool abandoned swimming pool


and some great Victorian houses.  


The crazy part is that there are also some super poor areas with abandoned homes and ones that are literally falling to pieces.  


I am proud to report that everything was in working order - no major mechanical problems.  This weekend I might fiddle around with the seat placement, but that is an easy enough fix. 


No comments:

Post a Comment