November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's the most wonderful time of the year.  Don't get me wrong Christmas is great, but Thanksgiving is EVEN BETTER.  This year could even be better than last because this year we have the turkey hat.  Seriously folks the best $7.99 I have ever spent.

Everyone was still in bed by 0930 so I figured I would get things started in the kitchen.  Conveniently people started crawling out of bed when the coffee had been made and the chopping was nearly finished.  Sadly my chopping was cut short (haha - pun not intended) when my pointer finger lost the battle cutting stale bread for the stuffing.  I took a supervisor position and had some apple cake and coffee so no complaints here.

Last year we got a picture with the turkey, so this year we did it again.  
What a good looking family (and hat)!!!


I'm do not usually take food pictures, but you have to have the obligatory turkey shot!


After dinner we all took to the futon to digest.  Now my father is not the most tech savvy person out there, but he saved the Thanksgiving moviethon by fixing the tv (who knew there was a little switch on the side to turn on the monitor).  After the Hunger Games concluded, dessert commenced and I snapped this gem of a picture.


By 2200 the leftovers were all packed up, dishes were dried and everyone was tucked away in bed.  I'm sure the party could have gone on, but this chickadee is going to work in the morning while Elise and the parental units play tourist.

No comments:

Post a Comment