April 19, 2012

Not Exactly a 46 Week Interview

Today is the day - my last day as an AmeriCorps volunteer.  While my term did not last 46 weeks as I first talked about back in September, it was definitely an interesting ride. 

Over the last nine months:
  • Completed over 500 blood pressure screenings
  • Had 422 client interactions for the dental clinic
  • Held 14 mostly successful health education classes which reached 119 people
  • Met 17 like minded adults who have a passion about giving back to their community
  • Gained a better understanding about the health care system in the United States and the implications not having insurance has for millions of Americans
  • Crossed several things off my 30 Before 30 List (15 down and 15 to go - two more to be crossed off this summer)
  • Conquered 1 city with the most insane grid layout I have EVER encountered
Life here in Pittsburgh is slowly coming to an end as I do some last minute cramming for my entrance exams for school and prepare for my cross country bike ride.  I also have a couple more touristy things to cross off my bucket list, after a quick trip to DC, so don't take me off your google reader just yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment