September 26, 2011

Book Club Anyone?!?!

Many, many, many months ago the FLAVE roommates and I started talking about starting up a small book club during the slow TV months.  Sadly with all the reading and paper writing I had to do over the last two years Anthony and I had a hard time setting aside time to read an extra book. 



Over the last two months I have heard a great deal about The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down.    This afternoon my Book Mooch copy came and I thought to myself "I should start a book club with all my loyal readers."

So here is the plan.  Everyone get your copy from the library, Amazon, on your Kindle, etc.  We will regroup here on October 18th, three weeks from today.  That should give everyone enough time to get a hold of the copy.  I will start things off with some thoughts and questions and we can go from there. 

DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING HERE PEOPLE (or discussing this with only my Mom and Memere)!

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo. Christine and Liana are in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in too, if that's cool! I read it last year for my medical anthropology class and really enjoyed it, and I'd love to talk about it!

    ReplyDelete