September 05, 2011

Movin' On Up to the East (Allegheny) Side

On Friday afternoon Alex and I headed out of town - me in the boat (i.e. the U-Haul) and Alex in Betsy.  We took off down U Street when CRASH - I took out my right side mirror.  Thanks to a truck parked partially in my lane and a car to my left, I had no other option, but to push on through.  OOPS.  Even Alex hear the thunk in the car a head of me.  Now you might be looking at the picture and think no big deal, but let me tell you had I hit a wrong bump the whole mirror would have fallen out of its arm.  Sadly the mirror was unusable as it dangled.  I did have a great view of the sidewalk though.  

We maneuvered our way out of the city until we stopped for gas.  There was a very nice mechanic who was able to secure my mirror with some balsa wood and clear duct tape.  The whole time I was glad I sprung for the $45 insurance because I could have had a serious bill on my hands. 

No need to worry about speeding down the highway - we made our way slowly, but surely all the way to Pitt. 

Later that night Alex, Tom and Alyssa helped move everything into the apartment (I owe them a MAJOR thank you).  Things went super quickly and we had everything moved into the apartment in under an hour.

As you can see I am now living in a great apartment with another Pittsburgh Health Corps Member.  We have the second and third floor of the house (there is a porch out the back).


After unpacking this is the (near) final product:
My bedroom

Living room/my second "room" (use the vacuum to help with the room's layout)
I need some pictures!!  I am looking for 8 horizontal pictures to hang in the frames above and on a wall in my bedroom.  Send me some of your faves - I don't have to be in them, but would like to know all the people/the place in the picture.

The kitchen






Thankfully the tropical storm has brought some cool weather!  I forgot how hot things can be without an AC.  It is probably karma because I have been living in a cool basement while two of my roommates have been sweltering in the top floor of our DC rowhouse. 


1 comment:

  1. Em! Your apartment looks GREAT! Would love to see a picture of the porch too! That way I can plan my visit and where I shall sit, accordingly. lol. Miss your teeth (and face) already! Good luck on your first day!

    ReplyDelete