October 09, 2011

The Amish Are Coming!

This past week I was given an EXCELLENT tip on a Friday afternoon farmers market just up the road from me.  As soon as I heard that the Amish were coming with cookies I was sold (kettle corn and just picked apples and vegetables were also enticing).


Before I did any serious shopping I decided to grab a Whoopi Pie and peruse the different vendors before I made any final decisions.   If you have never had one let me know and I will bring some on my next visit.


There was also TONS of fresh produce and pumpkins galore.  

 Brussel Sprouts!!  One of the top 5 vegetables ever invented.



One of these is not like the other
 

I even came across this ginormous fish! 

As we all know, it is the little things in life that make me happy!

Once I got home I started cooking up a storm and the freezer is now filled with pasta sauce (huge basket of tomatoes for $6) and baba ganoush. 


3 comments: