October 16, 2011

Cata - who?

So the real reason I am in VT is to surprise my sister.  Elise has actually decided to do work during her college tenure and is being inducted into The National Society of Collegiate Scholars tomorrow.  I was supposed to unveil myself this morning in a big "TA DA" moment, but as we all know loose lips sink ships.  She put on her best surprise face, lets just say she will not be taking home an Oscar any time soon!



For lunch we stopped by the Red Onion where we got some delicious sandwiches.  They roast their turkey every night and bake the bread in the morning.  They also had fresh hot cider. 





We spent the rest of the early afternoon wandering around Burlington (mostly by car)





As we walked into the ballroom for the induction ceremony I felt like I was entering a world of Chi Omega - filled with red and yellow, as well as white carnations.  The ceremony was short and sweet (the best kind) and I even snagged a picture of Elise taking her oath. 


Now for those of you not in the know, the Catamaran is their official mascot.  Sadly earlier this year, the Catamaran was put on the extinct list, but its legacy still lives on.  After the induction ceremony we decided to take a few moments out of our afternoon for a guerrilla photo shoot.





No comments:

Post a Comment