December 04, 2011

Artsy Crafty Friday

Friday seemed to kick off the holiday craft season here in PGH.  Bakery Square hosted an I Made It fair on Friday and Saturday.  While I cannot share what I got with you because some things will be given as gifts, here are some great ideas in case you did not get everything done on Black Friday.  Most of these places are local, but many of them do have an Etsy page.  

Looking for something to give to the foodie in your life.  Check out Aunt Carol's Dips - add these spices to some sour cream and Greek Yogurt or mayo and voila ... instant dip. 

Looking for something a bit more whimsical, check out juNxtaposition 

or some homemade mobiles from Whimsical Wonders

Screen prints more your style?  Check out strawberryluna, a husband/wife duo.  
All their posters and prints are hand screenprinted - VERY COOL!!!
This reminded me of my bike, Amy, so naturally I picked up a print.
I did get myself an early gift from Oceanne.  

I then headed over to to the Pittsburgh Glass Center.  Now I have always been fascinated by glass blowing since my family and I went on a trip to Colonial Williamsburg in lower school.  Several years later Memere (my grandmother for those of you not in the know) and I headed over to the Murano Glass Factory in Venice.  The trip seemed magical because we had to take a boat out to an island.  The process seemed so secretive because we were not allowed to take any pictures once we landed. 


On Friday evening you could watch people blow different ornaments and pick up some great handmade gifts like these melted down liqueur bottles which have been turned into cheese plates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment