December 13, 2011

BIG NEWS HERE PEOPLE!!!

So most of you know that on my 30 Before 30 List, one the biggest challenges I have is to bike across the United States.  Well, I come here today people to tell you duirng the summer of 2012 I will be able to cross that off my list!!!


I have been accepted to Bike and Build, a fantastic organization who raises money and awareness for affordable hosuing.  Over the last eight seasons, this organization has been able to contribute $3.4 million to housing groups to fund projects planned by young adults.  As participatns bike across the country, they stop every few days to help build homes, talk with locals and bring awareness to the affordable housing movement.

My big adventure starts May 13th (give or take a few days) and we will be reaching the West Coast during the first week of August!  Below is a picture of all the trips - I am on the yellow one.  For a detailed list of stops, bike/build days click here.  Over the course of the trip we are hitting 10 states!!



What I am super excited a bout is that I will get to spend 6 days in New Orleans.  The last time I was there was with a GW Alternative Spring Break Project.  We worked with Habitat for Humanity to help rebuild after Hurricane Katrina.  While there I will definitely be stopping by Cafe du Monde for some chicory coffee and beignets.


To complete the trip I am responsible for raising $4500 so stay tuned for how to help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment