March 11, 2012

Super Simple Sunday Supper

So after a long bike ride today, I was left with the age old question of do I scarf down a quick Clif Bar and save myself for a normal dinner or do I eat an early (big) dinner.  The early dinner clearly won because now that our oven is back up and running I can make homemade pizza (it was delish).  With the weather finally starting to get nice here, I have a sneaking suspicion that I am going to try and spend as much time outside on my bike as possible.  As a result I need quick dinners I can pop into the oven so I don't end up eating at 9pm.

What's a girl to do?  Clearly I needed to make some calzones and then pop them in the freezer for a later date.  Super easy and I now have dinners to look forward to.

While I was defrosting some home made pasta sauce


I divided everything up into smaller portions so I would be ready to go!

Roll out some room temp dough


 Fill 'em up


Seal up the edges and add some air holes on top

Voila!  Homemade calzones.


No comments:

Post a Comment