November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving from me and mine!

The Turkey Trot 5 mile run was a success, albeit a cold one (36 degrees when I left the house).  While I did not burn off enough calories to eat a whole pie, I can say that I will probably be able to make a sizable dent. 

I have been put in charge of stuffing this year.  It seems fitting as that is what I usually make when at home with the crew.  Elise and Ursina will attest that usually as soon as the celery, onions and celery are cooking my mother and I usually have a fight over how the rest of it should go.  

Take a moment to remember what you are thankful for - both the big and the small things.  After the last three months my perspective on what the important things has definitely changed!  While I am bummed that I am not in North Carolina with the rest of the family, I am glad that Alex and his family are just a short drive away.  


On a fun and random note, I thought I would pull in a movie clip from our childhood.  Originally I wanted to put in Turkey Lurkey, but remembered that that was a Christmas song.  Instead I leave you with a clip from the Adams Family Movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment