November 14, 2011

Murals, Murals Everywhere

As I have been driving around PGH I have come to notice that there is a great deal of street art around the city, much of it can be found in up and coming neighborhoods.  As I was poking around the internet the other day I came across this GREAT map of the Sprout Public Art Project that created a map of said murals. 

Here are some of my favorites from the list:

Yesterday's Tomorrow 
Urban Paradise 

Welcome to the Strip

Squirrel Convergence

Tuesday's Heroic Paragon 

A Piece of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow 

Birds Not Words


And a couple of things not included on the map:

The Bride on Penn Ave

Some Great Dinosaurs



No Named Murals


There is even a site dedicated to mural tours.  Go ahead, click and see if your city is included!

No comments:

Post a Comment