November 01, 2011

Houston We Have a Problem!

Hello dear readers!

As many of you know I have recently become the owner of a super cute 2012 Ford Focus (hatchback so I can fit my bike in the car) whose name came to me in a dream.  While I this is not Betsy's picture, this will give you an idea of what I am talking about. 

 

After work this evening, I drove over to my co-worker's house to go on a late afternoon run; Elizabeth and I are gearing up to start training for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon.  While parking my car, close to the curb because it is a skinny street, I heard a loud pop.  That's right my fellow readers - I blew a tire!  A part of the sidewalk was busted and sticking out into the street.  MAJOR FAIL. 

 

So sadly I am not THAT PERSON who has to drive around with a doughnut.


Gone are the days I can change my mode of transportation's tire in less than 5 minutes.  Thankfully I was able to call the emergency service and he arrived 15 minutes after we got back from our run.  Fingers crossed I can get this fixed during my lunch break tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment