November 20, 2011

The South Side

I am slowly crossing off neighborhoods here in PGH.  Today's mission ... The South Side!

 
For my DC readers, this area is known for the mass number of bars; imagine Adams' Morgan on crack.  Recently it had been part of a huge gentrification project to you can find everything from a Sur La Table to a dive bar. 

Window shopping has become one of my greatest past times, so what better way to kick off the afternoon than to visit Sur La Table.  They had some AMAZING ornaments.  Here are a few of my favorite (and look good enough to eat), but feel free to check out all the ones listed on their website

At first I thought they were there to eat - Imagine my disappointment when I found they were glass!


I wandered around and refound Fat Heads - the home page pretty much sums it all up!


Final stop on the list, The Carson Street Deli and Craft Beer Shop.  Great sandwiches and an even better selection of beer - some local and some brought in from around the country (world?).  One of the super hipster sandwich makers (and his handlebar mustache wearing friend) introduced me to Crispin Cider, a hard cider made out in CA.  Basically fall in a delicious adult beverage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment