November 18, 2011

Light Up Night!

The holiday season is officially upon us folks, at least it is here in PGH.  Tonight thousands of Pittsburgers headed downtown to take in the 51st Duquesne Light, Light Up Night.  

I had some time to kill before the big show so I headed over to Market Square and stumbled upon the Plaza Tree complete with an ice skating rink.  Think Rockefeller Center, but on a much smaller scale.   


We all know that I cannot turn down a good fireworks show; I guess I associate fireworks with a lot of great memories with friends and family.  The 20 minute show was spectacular and by far one of the coldest firework shows I have ever watched.  My camera does not take the best firework shots, so I pulled some from the interwebs.  

Everyone Waiting for the Show to Start on the Roberto Clemente Bridge


Tomorrow I am off to check out the 9th Annual Gingerbread House Display and the Macy's window displays.

No comments:

Post a Comment